March 6, 2015

March Diva Inspirations Hop!



It's the 5th of the month and time for the Verve Divas to bring you our monthly Diva Inspirations Challenge and Blog Hop! There are two ways to win Verve prizes: comment on the design team's blog hop posts (linked below) to see their take on the inspiration, then go get inky and link up your take on the challenge to be eligible in our prize drawings!


Our March challenge is B is for Birthday...

Don't be caught short - make a fabulous birthday card to keep in your stash or give away! Use the inspiration graphic as a starting point, or head off in your own direction - just show us your birthday creations!

Click here to link up your challenge entries

Challenge deadline: Thursday, Mar. 19.
Prize: $40 gift voucher to the Verve online store!


I loved the colors and patterns in the inspiration photo, and found some scraps in my stash to match. I don't think I had used the gorgeous Small Packages stamp set before, so out it came, and I paper pieced the large cupcake.


I have a confession - I am TERRIBLE at sending things on time, so I thought I'd make this a belated birthday card and get a head start on the next birthday I'll miss! I've used two of my all-time favorite Verve dies to layer with, the Pennant Trim die and the Banner Bundle. Apologies for the faded black in the photo - something I did in post processing (while making up for the cloudy day) washed it out, I promise it's crisp in real life!

Need a little inspiration? Check out the blogs linked below to see what the other Divas did with the challenge! It's sure to be a treat, and speaking of treats, we've got a prize for one lucky commenter along the hop! Check out the Verve Blog today for all the prize info and deadlines!


  
1. Julee7. Sankari
2. Amy8. Sarah
3. Anya9. Susan
4. Betty10. Marisa
5. Jen11. Maureen
6. Karen12. Stacey

42 comments:

  1. Such a "yummy" card! Good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute card. I love the colours!!

    Piglet
    pysselsystrarna.se

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Love Love Love that doily!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soft and pretty! Everything looks better with pink and doilies!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I've never met a cupcake or cupcake card I didn't like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty Sarah! I love that big bold doily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks absolutely perfect from where I'm sitting, Sarah!! Delicious, in fact!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making a belated birthday card ahead of time? Sounds pretty funny, but I understand. Great paper piecing on the cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab colors! Why can't I find a terrific doily like that?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card!! Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, I have a confession too... This is the first card on the hop that just really pops out at me! Don't get me wrong, they all have been great but the layered style is what I love. You have inspired me today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet! Your card is REALLY darling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soooo beautiful!!! The color combo is fabulous and I LOVE the stripes on the pennant die (my fav Verve die!). I'm terrible at getting cards out on time, too, so maybe I should get this set. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous! Love the soft colors and how you used the stripes on the cupcake and the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card. The color combo is one of my favorites and I like that you paper-pieced the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. Love the color combo and the colored doily with the cute cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card. I think I definitely need that belated birthday card stamp. I am always late with my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, how I love this card - I actually "ooh"-ed out loud :D Love the colors, esp. that pink doily!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, how I love this card - I actually "ooh"-ed out loud :D Love the colors, esp. that pink doily!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! Love that color combo!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your color choice. They good well together.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow - so pretty and feminine. Such wonderful layers and diecuts - love that doily.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful. Love the pink doily. So frilly
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OOH La La....very soft, pretty & feminine...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is PERFECTION in a card and such a sweet one!!! Love that it is belated because it seems like I send a lot of those kind!!! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty combo of colors and sweet cupcake...love the doily.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So love the colours, makes me want to gobble up that little cup cake, shame it's not real

    ReplyDelete
  28. So love the colours, makes me want to gobble up that little cup cake, shame it's not real

    ReplyDelete
  29. So sweet and I like the color combination you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very cute, that cupcake stamp is one of my all-time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this color combo and the doily. Great idea to have belated birthday cards on hand.
    The other Sue D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a pretty card and the recipient wouldn't mind it being late when it looks like this ( I kno I wouldn't).
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  33. beautiful card, looks so sweet with the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  34. SO pretty! I'm giggling at the thought of making a 'belated birthday' card in advance. That's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabulous card. It looks delicious enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Squealing for joy....love that pink doily and it looks wonderful with the banners!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!